Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nutterbutter Snowmen


I know, I know, I know.....two posts in one day is a bit much!  If it were up to Max (my 12 year old son) I would have at least 4 different posts today, he is still threatening to take over the entire blog!  It's actually quite sweet, every time he goes in the kitchen he says "Mom...get the camera and take pictures of me so we can put it on the blog!"  I promise not to post them all because really, who wants to see my son make bacon and hot chocolate?  So I saw these cookies on my favorite blog http://www.browneyedbaker.com/ and decided they would be so much fun to make with the kids.  There is no baking involved, just melting and decorating and fun!
I bought vanilla melting candies made by Guittard but you can use Wilton melting chips or whatever brand your stores carry.  Have fun decorating!  Here is a picture of Max (per his request) hard at work!





Nutter Butter Snowmen
Nutter Butter cookies
White candy melts (vanilla flavored)
M&M candies
Small tube black decorating gel

Line a baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
In the top of a double boiler, melt the white candy melts according to the package instructions.
Working one at a time, dip a Nutter Butter cookie into the melted coating and flip it over to coat completely (a fork is great for this). Remove and let any excess drip off then place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining Nutter Butter cookies. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so the coating can set.
Dab a small amount of black gel on one side of an M&M and place on the coated cookie. Repeat with another just below to make the two “buttons”.
Dab another small amount on the bottom of a small piece of the orange m&m's (which I cut into fourths) and affix to the center of the top of the cookie for the nose. 
Now squeeze out small dots for the eyes and the mouth. Ta-Da! Snowmen!
Adapted from browneyedbaker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment